Department: Family Law
Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC, a 50-plus attorney, AV-rated Washington, DC area law firm, has an immediate opening for a Family Law Associate in the firm’s growing practice group. This is an outstanding opportunity to join a dynamic, fast-paced practice, taking on responsibility for cases and gaining courtroom experience. Qualified candidates will have 3 + years of family law experience; are detail-oriented; have an outstanding commitment to client satisfaction; and excellent communication skills. MD bar required; DC bar preferred.
The duties and responsibilities of Family Law Associate include:
- Excellent communication and legal writing skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Preparing and drafting motions, pleadings, discovery requests, financial statements, and other documents
- Conducting and analyzing legal research
- Negotiating with opposing counsel on behalf of clients
- Representing clients at court hearings, mediation, and depositions
- Assisting with trial preparation including, preparing exhibits and speaking with witnesses
- Maintaining client relationships by communicating frequently with clients concerning the status of their case and explaining complex legal proceedings and concepts to them
- Ability to manage changing deadlines, client demands, and multiple cases
- Effective time management, planning and organizational skills to handle a busy caseload and accomplish tasks in an efficient manner
- Thorough knowledge of pertinent rules, statutes, and guidelines for Maryland and DC
Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Stein Sperling is committed to recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting talented lawyers and staff with diverse backgrounds and experiences.