Department: Estates, Trusts & Probate
Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC, a 50-plus attorney, AV-rated Washington, DC area law firm, has an immediate opening for an Associate Attorney in its Rockville, Maryland office to join the firm’s expanding Estates and Trusts Practice Group. This is an outstanding opportunity for a JD with a current or anticipated LLM in taxation with an emphasis in Estates and Trusts, to expand their legal knowledge while working alongside a nationally recognized group of Maryland based attorneys.
The Estate Planning Attorney will work closely and directly with the Principals and senior attorneys in the Estates and Trusts Practice Group. On a regular basis, the Attorney will meet with clients and work closely with members of the Group to develop individually designed estate plans, draft estate planning documents, and research legal and tax issues associated with a wide range of cutting-edge planning strategies. In addition, the Attorney will have the opportunity to work with and guide clients and their families through the probate and trust administration process.
- Excellent communication and legal writing skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Prior work experience or exposure to drafting estate planning documents, including wills and trusts
- Prior work experience or exposure to administering simple and complex estates, trusts, and lifetime planning objectives
- Prior experience with or interest in estate, trust and fiduciary litigation, including providing support therefor
- Preferred LLM degree in Taxation with an emphasis in Estates and Trusts, or an attorney who is a CPA with Estates and Trusts experience.
- Two or more years of related work experience with a law firm, trust department, or similar environment preferred.
- Maryland bar and/or the ability to sit for the Maryland bar required
- District of Columbia, Virginia and Florida bar admissions a plus
Qualified candidates are requested to send a copy of their resume to email@example.com for consideration, noting Estate Planning Associate in the subject line.
Stein Sperling Bennett De Jong Driscoll PC is an Equal Opportunity Employer and affords equal opportunity to all qualified applicants for all positions, without regard to race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other status protected under local, state, or federal laws.
Stein Sperling is committed to recruiting, developing, retaining and promoting talented lawyers and staff with diverse backgrounds and experiences.