June 30th, 2020
Andrew Schwartz Speaks on PPP Loan Forgiveness & Legal Considerations as Employees Return to Work
Business attorney Andrew Schwartz joined The Small Business Network and Montgomery Community Media for a recorded presentation on “Payroll Protection Plan: Your Loan Forgiveness Questions Answered!”
The presentation covers a range of topics, including answers to FAQs:
- Where do I apply for loan forgiveness?
- How does loan forgiveness work?
- Can I rehire employees that were laid off or put on furlough?
- Are bonuses/hazard pay permitted?
- What impact will a reduction in employees’ salary or wages have on the loan forgiveness amount?
- Are forgiven PPP funds taxable?
- What happens to a portion of PPP loan funds that aren’t forgiven?
- What are legal considerations employers may face as employees return to the office?