June 6th, 2019
Stein Sperling Attorneys Appear on Federal News Network’s For Your Benefit
Stein Sperling tax attorney David De Jong and estates and trusts attorney Steve Widdes spoke with host Bob Leins on his radio show For Your Benefit on the Federal News Network.
The June 3 episode, “A Post-mortem on the Recent Tax Legislation – and on the Next Law,” covered the following topics:
- Winners and losers in the tax law changes, including C Corporations, QBID qualifying businesses, real estate business determination, the elimination of miscellaneous itemized deductions and the handling of taxable damages;
- Alimony tax provisions pertaining to people considering or getting divorced;
- Expanded estate tax exemption shifting emphasis to “practical” estate planning;
- The “Secure Act,” which just passed the House, extending the minimum distribution age on a 401k or IRA to 72; and
- Step-up in basis considerations in estate planning.